Hi Stamping Friends,
I wrote a tutorial to show you how to make this really cute Christmas house box!
You will need:
Cherry Cobbler 8-1/2 x 11″ card stock
Early Espresso 2″ x 6″ card stock
Early Espresso Core’dinations card stock 2″ x 6″(roof) and 1-1/2″ x 3″ (Door)
Gumball Green 4″ x 3/4″ card stock
1. Start with a piece of 8-1/2″ x 11″piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.
Score the 8-1/2″ side at 1-1/4″ and 6-1/2″. Score the 11″ side at 1-1/4″, 5-1/4, 6-1/2″and 10 1/2″.
2. Pull out the diagonal score plate. You need to create the roof by scoring two rectangles that are 2″ x 4″ wide. Place the 11″ side of the card stock along the Ruler with the place makers. Set the markers at 2-1/2″ and 7-3/4″. Score from the marker down to the right hand corner for both rectangles.
3. Turn the card stock a quarter of a turn and score from the 2-1/2″mark and the 7-3/4″ mark down to the left hand corner.
4. Cut where indicated on the diagram. The area with the dash lines are cut out completely. Add sticky strip to the 1/2″ x 5-1/4″ panel and one of the 1-1/4″ x 4″ panel.
5. Close the side of the box and the bottom of the box.
6. Fold down the triangles of the roof. You’ll have two 2″x 1-1/4″ flaps. On one flap put a velcro dot and on the other flap put sticky strip.
7. Make a roof from 2″ x 6″ piece of Early Espresso card stock scored at 3″. Run a piece of Early Espresso Core’dinations card stock through the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Score at 3″ and glue to the 2″ x 6″ Early Espresso card stock. Attaching the two layers together will give the roof some strength. Attach one side of the roof to the cherry cobbler flap with the sticky strip on it.
8. Close the roof.
9. Scallop the edge of the Gumball Green card stock with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. Attach to the box.
10. Emboss a piece of 1-1/2″ x 3″ Early Espresso Core’dinations card stock with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Use the Stamping Sanding System to sand the door. Attach to the box.
11. Make a wreath by punching out a 3/4″ circle from Gumball Green card stock. Line up the punched out hole with the 1-1/4″ scallop circle punch and punch out a wreath shape. Make berries with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.
12. Tie Early Espresso 3-1/2″ Scalloped Tulle Ribbon around the box.
13. Stamp Merry Christmas from Petite Pairs stamp set in Gumball Green ink on Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Large Oval Punch. Attach to the box with Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine.
I also made a video for you to watch however the video is slightly different when I scored the roof lines in step 2. The markers in the video were set at 3-1/4″ and 8-1/2″. In the video, I had the 1-1/4″ x 2″ rectangle in the left hand corner of the simply scored tool.
I hope you like the project!